Friday, November 11, 2011

Love the man spotlight: Jerome Davis

I would like to take a moment to put a spotlight on a person who has been a true inspiration in my life. I have only know Jerome Davis a short period of time, but the impact and the impression he has left on me is one of great magnitude. I remember first meeting Jerome at a church function, part of his ministry was doing outreach with new members and my name appeared on his list. The very first conversation we had went as if we had know each other for years. I left that conversation thinking " This is not the average deacon, trying to get me to come to church". This guy showed true compassion and concern about the well being of me and my family. Between his family, his work, and his church duties I couldn't even see how he had the time to answer the phone when I called, but he picks up every time. If you ever meet Jerome or " Dec ", that's what I call him, you would say his smiling face is the first thing you saw. He has been a mentor, a c councilor , but most of all a friend.

To my friend Darrell Jerome Davis,  this spotlight is for you "Get Your Shine On" !!!

1 comment:

  1. Daryll and his wonderful wife Nikki Davis has definitely been inspirations to our family. The saying is God brings people into our lives for a reason and we are so blessed to have such great friends.

    ReplyDelete